Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teach Me to Number My Days

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away... So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts to wisdom... O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:10,12,14

Abba, Father! Thank You so much for saving me -- for your mercy and grace that You have so lavishly bestowed on me -- even from the time I was in my mother's womb. Please teach me to number my days that I might always do that which is pleasing in Your sight. Forgive me for the times when I grumble with the lot that You have given me and for allowing pride and discontentment to fester in my heart. Please enable me to continuously fix my eyes on my beautiful Saviour that "the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace." You are Sovereign. Your will is perfect. You are good. You know me more than I know myself. You love me best and only want what is best for me. Only You can work out all things together for my good. You are faithful and true. You have never left me nor forsaken me. Please keep me in perfect peace and my mind and heart stayed on You. In the mighty, matchless Name of Jesus, this is my prayer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment