Friday, May 6, 2011

Amazing Grace, Indeed!

Isaiah 6

O my Creator and by Whom all things were created, woe is me! How great my shame that even as my sins nailed Your precious hands and feet, You still sustained this fallen world that I now dwell in. How great Your Love for me that kept You hanging, cursed on the tree! Infinite Life willingly submitted to the shadow of Death -- tasted death -- that my sinful self, covered by Your Immeasurable Grace, will never know the torment of eternal hell.

------------------------------------------

Fly me closer to the Flame, LORD!
'Til the heat of this worldly temper
Is consumed in the fire of Thy Holiness;
And my woeful shame shall humble this self
That seeks to usurp the throne
That rightfully is solely Thine
-- Only by Thy Grace alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment