Monday, April 5, 2010

Always the Present

I have encountered it in my readings countless times: dwell on the present. Always the present. That's where God wants me to be. To walk with Him one sweet step at a time. It took a while for me to come to terms with it. I claim not full comprehension, however this I understand: to be happy in the LORD Jesus, I must put the past behind me and move on. Be ready to obey Him moment by moment. And the future? I should be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer in supplication in thanksgiving, making my requests known before God. The future is uncertain, but one thing I can fully bank on: His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me -- my LORD, my Shepherd.

It all figures, but please give me the grace, LORD, to trust and obey.

Philippians 3:13-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment